HI HI HI! I purchased these jeans in the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and LOVE them! However, they were a little long to wear with anything other than a heel and since I rarely wear heels I was missing my new favorite jeans. So I finally did something to remedy that!
I asked for a sewing machine two Christmases ago so I could do some of my own minor alterations and smaller projects for the house. Though I have to say using my sewing machine has definitely been more intimidating than I was expecting. I was a little nervous to take a chance on hemming my jeans myself since they were pricier and I really love them, I did not want it to go wrong. I have to say though while none of my projects look like professional work I’ve been very impressed with the outcomes and am getting more confident!
This was a really quick and easy project, I don’t know why it took my so long to sit down and do! I started out by trying on my jeans with a few varying shoes to find my desired length. Then I just cuffed them at the length and gently took them off.
Next I measured the cuff, mine measured at about 1.75 inches. I went around each leg and pinned to match the measurement.
Then I prepared my sewing machine and got my jeans set up. You will want to sew as close to the original hem line as possible.
Coming off the sewing machine you can very faintly see the line where I sewed and you can see how i just folded the excess under. You could certainly cut off the excess. I’m going to keep my tucked under for now until I am sure that I don’t need to rip out the seam and redo it.
I ironed all around the hem so it laid more flat and honestly you can not even tell!
I’ve got another pair of jeans that I have just always worn cuffed that I can’t wait to actually properly hem them! Oh and check out my fun socks, get yourself a pair here and see other the other super FUN prints plus get 20% off your first order with my link! Have you completed any DIY projects recently? Do you sew? I’d love to hear any tips and tricks 🙂 See you on Friday with my Faves!
- Show & Tell: Pets – This was my first true blog post topic. I worked hard to collect the pictures and put them into collages. I also really poured my heart into the content. I love my pets and this post has a lot of meaning to me!
- Show & Tell: My Tribe – I really poured my heart into this post! I love my tribe hard and tried my best to show that. These people are my people.
- My Favorite Birthday Beagles – Again, another post that I really love for its meaning to me. These 2 crazy beagle boys have all my heart and I sure hope they know it!
- Homemade Doggie Treats – This was my first true tutorial. It was fun to set up and take pictures along the way. Plus I always love to make sure my boys have the best, so homemade treats are just as much a favorite of mine as they are theirs.
- Fave Cruelty Free Products – This topic is near and dear to my heart. It is important to me to spread the information and make others aware. I am also a fan of sharing or reading about products that have been successful for others – it can be a long process finding something that works well!
- DIY: Watermelon Wreath – I enjoy getting crafty and it was fun to share my steps for this cute and easy DIY. Tutorials are neat to do as a new blogger because it really makes you think about the process and capture it for your readers.
I decided to keep it simple, this year I learned how to garden. Certainly this is a learn as I go thing and I still do not know what I’m doing most of the time. But I did take a bit of time early this spring to research and learn tips and tricks for beginner gardeners, then I tried my hand at selecting a few crops, sowing the seeds, and then tending to it daily. I was so pleased with our results this year!