Archives for October 2016
What we’re eating this week…
I like to meal plan and grocery shop for the week on Sundays. On the menu this week has been potato soup, pork tacos, chicken & veggies, and homemade pizza!
What I’m reminiscing about…
Last weekend marked 3 years since Hank joined our pack! And so began the monster sleeping under our bed 🙂 he doesn’t do it quite every night like he did the first year but it still is definitely his safe spot.
What I’m loving…
FALL!!! And this candle!
What we’ve been up to…
Spending lots of time in the garage and only more as we head into winter. We’ve got a car to get ready for spring 😉
What I’m dreading…
It’s still those darn leaves people! Send help!
What I’m working on…
I received my October Petit Vour box last week and I’m enjoying testing out my new products. I’m working on a post to share about my goodies next week.
What I’m excited about…
Our deck is officially complete! Took us just over a month but phew it is finally done 🙂 I love how it turned out and look forward to enjoying it more next year, HA!
What I’m watching/reading…
PARENTHOOD! I’m almost done and I’ve loved every minute! While I don’t want it to be over, I do have Gilmore Girls to look forward to 😉
What I’m listening to…
Post season baseball! It’s World Series time, Go Cubs Go!
What I’m wearing…
I purchased this sweater after hearing some rave reviews even though I was still a little skeptical. Well, turns out I love it! The color is perfect and its lightweight yet still warm.
What I’m doing this weekend…
My family is coming to visit and I’m hoping for a fun Halloween weekend!
What I’m looking forward to next month…
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life releases Thanksgiving weekend!
What else is new…
Not much else!
BONUS QUESTION: What is your favorite Halloween memory/picture/tradition?
My mom has always made every season and holiday special but Halloween was always the best! So it became all off or favorites and I just love it for the decorations, treats, and there were always a couple CDs my mom played on repeat 😉 Of course my absolute favorite is watching Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic, both Halloween musts!
It is always a treat when I catch these two snuggled up together! They truly act like brothers lol. Hal gets mad at Hank for barking too loudly and too much and Hank gets annoyed at Hal for constantly squeaking and playing with toys. Yet at the end of the day they end up like this! And my heart explodes with love 😉
We caught It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown on ABC on Wednesday and so I decided to pull out my book this weekend too. I had it on display on a shelf but I wanted to sit it out for the last week before Halloween.
We made a family trip to the orchard! Hank and Hal went crazy over all the new scents to sniff and I was crazy for the cider and donuts. We walked around a bit, grabbed some BBQ for lunch and then got our cider and donuts to go. It was a bit chilly but I’m glad it was something we got to enjoy as a pack! I sliced up an apple for the beags once we got home too, so they could enjoy the whole experience too 😉
I took a few extra minutes on myself one day to complete my bold makeup look. I realize while it may not seem bold to some for me it was just bold enough.
I don’t typically wear a lot of makeup on the daily. My beauty routine consists of moisturizer, foundation, mascara, and a little blush all from e.l.f.
So, for a more bold makeup look I added some eye-shadow, bolder blush, and a fall lip color.
Though I did like the final look, I wouldn’t wear it everyday. I do think it is a good fit for date night, I felt beautiful, and it was nice to spend a little more time on myself! Step outside your comfort zone and play it up with your makeup a little next time too 😉
This guy loves my bold makeup selfie too!
Its another Show & Tell with Andrea at Momfessionals, we’re sharing the things that make us US! Our quirks, nicknames, phobias, you know know all those little things that make us who we are and different from one another. We’re all a little weird right? 😉
I’ve pretty much always just been Rechelle to most people, with just a few nicknames. My dad often calls me Chelle and growing up I was Chelle Chelle. My best friend, Jenelle, and I will often call each other Elle or Rechellie/Jenellie.
I may not have many nicknames but we’ve given our beagles plenty of nicknames! We’ve got Henry and Harold, more commonly referred to as Hank and Hal.
Some of Hank’s nicknames include: Henrico (for when he is being crazy), Hen Hen, Hanklin, which lead for Janklin.
Some of Hal’s nicknames include: Haraldo, Fettuccine Haraldo, Harry, Haroldini, which lead to Dino (pronounced dean-yo), which then lead to Bean-yo.
So yes, we are probably confusing our dogs with all the names we refer to them as 😉
I can’t really say I have a big phobia of any one thing. I don’t like bugs or creepy crawly things but I don’t usually freak out over them too much. I guess I would say I’m more paranoid than anything lol. I have an irrational fear that something will happen to Hank & Hal while we’re not home, like a mirror will fall on them or that they will escape the house/yard.
Oh, but I do absolutely hate peanut butter! I’ve gotten better over the years and can handle making a sandwich for someone or using it in a recipe. Which is the interesting thing…I hate peanut butter as is on a sandwich or used as a dip, but I don’t mind it in a recipe like cookies. Its just too much, the smell, the mess getting all stuck in your mouth. Too! Much! Just strawberry jelly for me please 🙂
I’d say I’m pretty quirky. I’ve got a bit of OCD and there are a few things that I prefer to do a certain specific way. Though I will say it doesn’t ruin my day if I can’t do it my specific way.
- I prefer to eat sandwiches by eating all the crust first or just eating around the edges of like a burger.
- I pick all the chocolate off a 3 Musketeers first and then enjoy the nougat.
- In public restrooms I much prefer the 3rd stall and I’ll even wait until it is vacant sometimes.
- I like to try to match/color coordinate my socks and underwear to my outfit.
- I’ll go out of my way to step on a leaf that looks crunchy. It’s disappointing when it isn’t too.
- Sometimes the engineer in me goes a little too far in my personal life. I’m constantly thinking about the efficiency of things…the way the dishes should be arranged in the dishwasher, bills in my wallet, or the order of completing cleaning tasks.
- I prefer to set my alarm clock at a random time. For example, our alarm clock each morning during the week is set for 5:32. I’d rather set my alarm for a few minutes before or after instead of exactly on the hour or half hour.
- I love mail! I love sending it or receiving it! Even if I check the mailbox and its just junk mail, I still love it. Plus it is better than a day of no mail. I even made my Husband visit the Postal Museum in D.C. when we went on our honeymoon. I think when I retire I’d like to work at a small town post office. I just love mail!
Those are just a few of the things that make me who I am! What are the quirks, phobias, and nicknames that make you unique?
Linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals to share my favorites from the week!
Wednesday night we had some heavy rain and had to close the doggie door to keep the boys inside. This is how Hank felt about it. He is so dramatic! Hanging off the couch looking longingly towards the door. I mean honestly!?!
This candle has been my absolute new favorite, perfect fall scent! Since I’ve been limiting the burn time because I don’t want it to end, I finally added some to my shopping cart, phew!
I made this banana bread over the weekend and it has been so yummy to munch on in the morning for breakfast or at night for a snack 🙂
Francesca’s has 20% Halloween Decor through 10/19! I am seriously considering some of these.
I read this blog post this week and it is everything! After we bought our Corvette several people commented “Oh you guys aren’t having kids.” (And others probably thought it.) We aren’t shoulding ourselves right now though, like Sydney says in her post, and this purchase doesn’t define us. Our little family doesn’t feel like it is missing anything right now and we are loving life in the moment. SO don’t should on yourself either!
Probably my favorite moment of the week has been the fact that Ron and I rode to work 4 days instead of our usual 3! It’s the little things 🙂
Happy Friday Friends!
- Hank loves the cooler weather. He will literally stay outside all day long if we let him. It’s also really funny because he will come inside to check on us and then head right back out, unless of course it is dinner time.
- Cooler weather also means Hank spends more time sleeping in our bed at night which makes my mama heart happy! And warm, he is a little space heater!
- The squirrels and him have a game going on. It is quite entertaining to watch.
- Still hasn’t stopped with the toys or squeaking the toys or destroying the toys. Hal always has a toy nearby and we often find him sleeping with one too.
- Hal is really starting to take after his brother, he gets into all the scents when we go out exploring on walks and enjoys tracking animals too.
- Hal is reaching expert level at hamming it up! He will squeeze his way into getting pets and belly rubs and makes all sorts of grunts while do so. It is quite cute.
- Ron is working really hard to earn his masters degree. He goes to class 2 nights a week after work and doesn’t get home until almost 10pm. He then also dedicates weekend time to homework.
- He is so very excited and proud to finally own his dream Corvette! If I can’t find Ron, I know the first place to check is the garage 😉
- It is all about Post Season Baseball at the moment. While the Detroit Tigers are our team and unfortunately didn’t make it to the post season, Ron still appreciates baseball in general. Hoping the Cubs can go all the way!
- I love fall! I love the sweaters & scarves, and cider & donuts that is brings. And all the fall flavors too, except I’m not into all that pumpkin spice stuff…
- I am so very content with life right now. I love the routine of packing and unpacking lunches, coming home to make dinner, loving on our beags, and supporting my husband.
- I. Cannot. Stop. Watching. Parenthood. Seriously! Which has also resulted in me slacking on my reading, oops!
That’s a little bit of us right now :)o